Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Mac Help

My best friend got a new Mac laptop.   It’s bothering me that it’s not set up completely, not integrated fully with her iPhone and watch and that everything isn’t talking to each other the way it should be.   So I’ve told her I would help.  

I think there is a need on my end to make sure she’s configured more so than there’s a need on her end.   I went over to her house today and worked on her old Mac and her new one, as well as her phone and watch, getting everything talking, tweaking the user interface and operating systems and updating things.    It was fun.   Maybe that says something about me, I don’t know, but I like getting things all put in order and having them work the way they’re suppose to.

I had my husband come over too because servers are his area and we need to get them set up so her two machines and her husband’s are backed up to a server and their files and other data are in a shared storage location.   He has a plan (even though he’s a PC guy primarily) and we’re going to implement that as soon as we get a chance.

She sent me a thank you text this evening for helping.   I told her we weren’t done yet, I’d only started, but that it was a good start.   My only hope is that when it’s all finished and working as I conjure it should be that she doesn’t think to thank me by giving me another orchid…

The Big Boy Update:  My son was talking about Minecraft when he said this, but I had to laugh because it just sounded wrong when he said, “you shouldn’t spend your diamonds on hoes, because they’re useless.”

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Edna, who cleans our house, was leaving on Friday.   My daughter went out to send her off from the front yard.   She came back inside and said, “that was the best game ever. I waved bye bye to Edna and she honked her horn—because she knew what I was saying.”

Gigi Strikes Again:  I went with my best friend to pick up her youngest daughter at school today.   I asked her what her favorite color was and she told me, “all the colors in the universe except vomit color”.

No comments:

Post a Comment