Sunday, November 26, 2017

Free Matter Shipping

I was ordering some braille paper online yesterday.   There aren’t too many options so my browsing didn’t last that long.   I found some label paper that we can use to put labels on things in the house or on belongings.   Or we can translate books to braille and stick them on the pages (one we learn to write contracted braille that is).

When I got to the check out page it asked what type of shipping I wanted and there were options.   One of the options was Free Matter Shipping For the Blind.  Well heck, I knew we’d gotten some things free, but it hadn’t occurred to me that we could get things ordered online mailed to my daughter for free.

It isn’t everything, it’s reading and print-based things, but it’s nice to have the papers sent without postage.   We might have to have my daughter registered with the USPS for official purposes.  Maybe my husband wants to look into that—it’s just his kind of thing,

The Big Boy Update:  No idea on the background for how this question came about.  My son asked today, “Dad, was Zeus the sixteenth president?”

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  We were at Panera the other day and had ordered food.   We got our drinks and sat down at the table.   After about a minute my daughter said, “do we have one of those sizzling things?”   My husband said, “you mean vibrating things?”   She wanted to hold the “sizzling” thing so that when it vibrated we’d know it was time to go up and get our food.

No comments:

Post a Comment