Friday, November 10, 2017

Almost Sixes

Tomorrow my daughter will be six-years-old.   For an entire month I’ll have two children that are the same age in years.   It’s sort of a fun time for them, knowing they share the same age for a short period of time.   Although each year is different; I’m wondering if there will be a lot of, “but I’ll be seven in a month and you’re only just six now” kind of thing.  

Today my daughter spent a lot of the day with Mimi, who played all kinds of games my daughter enjoyed playing.   Mimi and I also made our traditional “vegetable soup” which has vegetables, but also has meat in it, being largely misleading with the name.   Everyone had to eat dinner at different times but we all had at least two bowls of soup at one point or another.

Mimi and Gramps also got my daughter a birthday present—a puppet theater that hangs on a doorframe.   While Mimi and I chatted after dinner my father sat behind the puppet theater door and talked in a high, squeaky voice to my daughter with puppets on his hands.   My daughter laughed and giggled at him.

Tonight is Movie night and my daughter is looking forward to having cake with our friends and opening some mystery presents that came in the mail for her a few days ago that have been sitting on our table awaiting the arrival of her birthday.

The Big Boy Update:  My son wrote out the credits for our sitter, Morgan’s, animated film.   Morgan texted me and said the credits got a round of applause from her classmates when she presented them. My son was very excited to see his writing as part of her “Puddle Jumper” film that his sister voiced.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter has a rash on her bottom.   I was putting A&D ointment on it (that I found from when the children were much younger) and left it in their bedroom.    This morning  my daughter came down with the ointment and handed it to me saying, “thank you for letting me borrow this.   I put some more on because it makes it feel better.”

No comments:

Post a Comment