Friday, November 17, 2017

Tumbling

My son has been taking parkour classes for a few months now.   Recently my husband added a tumbling class later in the week because my son moved into a higher level for parkour and he wasn’t enjoying it as much.   Tumbling, he loves.   I got a video of earlier this week where my son was learning the predecessor to a back handspring.   He’s getting quite good very quickly.

I went with him tonight and the instructor was talking about him saying how he was the smallest one in the class (there is a big age range) and yet he could do it, so if he could make his roundoff go across the full length of the mat, the other students should be able to too.

My daughter would love to do the tumbling class with him, only she can’t see well enough to see what the instructor is demonstrating and there are children moving around quickly and it could be dangerous for her.   But I thought I’d ask.

The instructor, who I believe is one of the owners, said he thought a private class would make more sense for her.   He asked a lot of questions about her vision and was very interested.   I asked if we could do a private class and include her brother, who was standing there beside us.   He piped up and said, “I could help her!”  I told him he was a very helpful brother and that would be so nice of him.

So I’m going to email Zach and see if we can figure out something for an initial trial class to see if he can work with my daughter.  My son wanted to tell his sister when we got home but I told him that we wanted to make sure we could schedule something first before we told her.  He asked if he could be the one to tell her and I said I thought that was such a nice thing that he wanted to tell her and I would let him know so he could be the first to let her know.

I don’t know if or how it will work, but she will love if I’m betting if we can work something and get her in a physical class where she can do more than just climb the door frames of our house.

The Big Boy Update:  My son came into the kitchen before leaving for tumbling class tonight and said, “I can do The Ministry of Silly Walks” and then proceeded to do just that, making me laugh.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  I rolled over at sometime after five o’clock this morning to find my daughter in the bed.   There must have been a nightmare or something and she talked to dad about it and he told her to climb in.   Typically we let them stay for a few minutes and then take them back upstairs—unless we fall back asleep.   And I had been asleep this time.   When I said hello to my daughter she said, “why are you up here, mommy?”  I told her I had been her all along.   She was confused and then she said, “oh, I was thinking you were in my bed.”   Then she got up, said she needed to blow her nose and after that, went up to bed all on her own.    It was nice not to have to carry her up the stairs, she’s getting bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment