Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Not My Son’s Fault

Yesterday morning I went into the bathroom in the basement and noticed there was no water in the toilet.   So I flushed it  and it stopped up.   And it wasn’t clear water.   Hrm…  

I got the plunger and it didn’t get better, only browner.   So I plunged with more determination and called my husband.   He’d noticed it too and we both suspected my son, who likes to wait until he can’t possibly hold it any longer.   This has caused problems in more than one of our toilets.

I plunged and my husband plunged and then I went and got a snake and we snaked.   About this time my husband noticed there was toilet tissue and water coming into the shower beside the toilet.    So we called the plumber.

Two men checked out our cleanout valves by the exit of the house, and then the one sixty feet closer to the sewer main and found a clog at almost the edge of our property.   They snaked with their much longer snake and we were back in non-clogging business.  

That particular toilet and shower were the lowest two points in the house and it had nothing to do with my son.   It’s been the only plumbing issue we’ve had in seven years, so I’m not complaining.

The Big Boy Update:  Tonight after getting up from the dinner table I couldn’t find my son.   I went to the front door and asked, “has a boy with green hair come by here?” (My son’s hair has been dyed green and he looks like a little elf.)   They all looked at each other, said no and they were pretty sure they’d have noticed.    Sure enough, my son was around the corner instead and I’d just missed him.   When he walked by all the people waiting to get seated looked at him—the boy with the literal green hair—and smiled.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  We had a baby come to Practice Thanksgiving.   My daughter wanted to touch the baby very badly but since she had a runny nose we told her she couldn’t as the baby’s immune system was still immature.   She was sad and made me sad too when she asked, “are you sure I can’t touch the baby?  That’s how I see.”

No comments:

Post a Comment