Thursday, October 12, 2017

Movie Help

Our children’s favorite sitter is working on a film for one of her classes at school this semester.   She asked my daughter if she would be willing to voice the little girl in the short clip.   I don’t think my daughter really understood what Morgan was asking her to do but she happily agreed and a week later Morgan’s brother, Tristan, came over with a short script and recorded while my daughter repeated lines back to him.

As the semester has progressed, Morgan has updated us on the film and we’ve been able to watch it evolve from sketched stills with the audio track from my daughter to iterations of graphics as she’s finished them.   It’s interesting to see the progression given how little I know, bordering on none, about filmmaking and graphic art.

And while my daughter can’t see the film, she’s asked enough questions about what’s happening and can describe what’s about to come next.   She’s also done some re-recording of the lines because she was a little hard to understand in parts.  

I’ve been trying to get her to laugh for the end of the film with little luck but today I took her to the chiropractor and she wanted to play the shark game where I try to get her, but only when she puts a foot on the floor off the adjustment table.   She laughs the entire time we play this game so I got a good thirty seconds that might be useable and sent it to Morgan.

Morgan also asked if the children would like to help with the title and credits.   She’d send what they needed to write out and she’d use their handwriting (immature an inaccurate, just right as the film’s only character is a little girl).   My son was pretty excited by the prospect because this would put him in the film as well.

Today my daughter worked very hard on writing the letters, “Puddle Jumper” for the title.   She’s lost a lot of ability to write with the vision loss but she does do well with practice.   My son got home and started working on the other credits, but not at first.   He insisted on writing the title to the Word document, which was long and wasn’t part of the credits.   He got tired and decided to do more tomorrow.

But tonight before bed both children wanted to write a little more.   So now I have something to send to Morgan.   Tomorrow they both want to work on writing the credits for her movie some more.

The Big Boy Update:  My son was trying to focus on writing out the credit lines for Morgan’s movie today but was having a difficult time.   He asked me, “is there a machine that can clean your mind?”

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter lives a good portion of her day climbing and hanging from our door frames.   This morning she said, “this door is bleeding.”   I came to see what she was talking about to find she’d discovered a piece of painters tape at the top of the arch that hadn’t been pulled off.   When I told her what it was and that she could help by removing it she let me know about other places where tape was left on other doors.    She went to one and immediately pulled off a small bit of tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment