Saturday, October 21, 2017

I Like Invisible

I have a tidy problem.   I think I’ve probably started a whole collection of blog posts over the years with that first sentence, mostly because it’s true.   I like things to be put back up once they’re done being used.   This is a disfunction of mine my husband deals with well.   Sometimes I don’t know how he puts up with me though.

For example, the other day he cleaned the car in preparation for an electric car event he was going to. He got out the bucket, cloths and the washing mitt.   Later that night I was in the laundry room when he walked in.   I asked him what his plans were for the bucket (in the sink) and the washing mitt (hanging on top of the faucet).   He told me they were drying, which was true, they weren’t completely dry.

I said to him, “can’t it dry in the garage where it usually goes?”   He looked at me and said, “you like invisible, don’t you?”   I had to agree, I like invisible, or at least having things put up and out of the way so it’s as invisible as can be managed.

The Big Boy Update:  We were talking about things people were experts in the other day.   My son must have been listening to what we were saying because he chimed in saying, “I’m an expert at YouTube watching”.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter’s vision fluctuates it would seem.   Some days are better than others.   At the fair last week she was able to see, even pointing it out without us telling her about it, a large balloon flying high above a vendor’s food booth.   It was so far away we were very surprised she saw it.    Then yesterday she was having a hard time seeing things all around.    Today, she could discern colors better than she has in a while.   I wish she could tell us how her vision changes.

Long Run:   We ran twenty-four miles today in preparation for our upcoming marathon.   We had some interruptions, causing us to run exceptionally slowly for overall time although our pace wasn’t that bad when we were running.  One more long run, hopefully next weekend and then we’ll be ready hopefully for the marathon on November 9th.

No comments:

Post a Comment