Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Welcome to S.I.C.

We went out to brunch this morning.   My sister-in-law picked up my niece from an overnight she had had with some friends and we met them at a restaurant in the boardwalk area of the small town, Sea Isle City, they live in on the New Jersey shore.

We didn’t realize there was a farmer’s market happening which meant there wasn’t a lot of parking.   As we drove around one of the blocks my brother-in-law said, “there’s a spot if we can turn around and get it in time.”  And we did and got lucky and got the spot.   My husband was able to do a fun demo where our Tesla Model X parallel parks itself.   Perfectly parks itself.   I’m not good at parallel parking because I’ve had very little experience given the street dynamics of the city we live in but I can say I was officially jealous of the skills with which our car effortlessly parked itself.

We went into the restaurant and sat across two tables because there wasn’t one that would fit us all.   We had chocolate milk with whipped cream, waffles, bacon, eggs and other breakfast foods which were devoured by all.   Then we headed back to our cars with plans to go out on the jet skis for a trip through the trails.

As we approached our car there was a piece of paper stuck to the windshield that read:


What a way to make our day.   What a great message.   The anonymous author welcomed us to Sea Isle City (S.I.C) and the comment about flying referred to our license plate ITCANFLY (because the car has wings with the falcon wing doors and is darned fast).    The postscript it sounds like the note writer has a Tesla on order, maybe one of the Model IIIs that just started rolling out this month.

I love our cars.   Every single day.

The Big Boy Update:  Children can push your buttons.   I think it’s an innate skill they’re born with.   I try to remain calm and not lose my temper but I regularly fail.   Yesterday after snapping at my son he announced loudly, “Mom, you’re the queen of mean.”

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:   My daughter loves animals.  She also loves to help.   This morning she was in our bedroom when we heard a lapping sound and realized Taylor, their dog, was drinking water out of the toilet.   We moved Taylor along and didn’t think more of it.   But my daughter had other ideas.   She left and then came back to our room a few minutes later saying, “I checked and Taylor’s water bowl is empty.   I was going to fill it up, but I wanted to make sure it was okay first so I came to ask you.”   I didn’t know she even knew where Taylor’s water bowl was.


No comments:

Post a Comment