Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Toilet

My phone fell out of my pocket this afternoon, straight into the toilet.   I dove my hand down there without even thinking (I was just sitting down) and the phone at first seemed to be okay.   Then the screen started changing colors and I knew I hadn’t gotten it in time, which would have been hard since it was completely submerged.

Fortunately I could limp along and back up the phone, unpair the watch and then do a second backup in preparation for getting a new, less-wet phone.   Timing isn’t ever great but we’re leaving to visit family tomorrow morning and I was in the middle of packing.  

A few hours later and I have a new, functioning phone that’s going to be loading from cloud backup for some hours and a long list of things to get packed.    The children are excited to be going tomorrow to visit their cousins.   They’ve been talking about going for weeks.

Tomorrow we have a long car ride with multiple super charging stops and a ferry ride everyone is looking forward to.   It’s our favorite vacation of the year and it all begins tomorrow.

The Big Boy Update:  Nana was with my son the other day and she asked him if Papa should cancel his golf to play with them instead for the day.   My son said, “I want Papa to play golf because I want him to be happy.”

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter and son love their sitter, Morgan.   My daughter was talking about all the people she loved the other day and told me in particular, “I’m not going to forget about Morgan until I die.”

No comments:

Post a Comment