Saturday, July 8, 2017

Some Things

Here are some of the recent things my children are into, have said or done.  I have to thank friends, family, sitters and neighbors for helping me out with this blog.   They all know i’m looking for interesting or funny things my children say.   Thanks for telling me about the things that happen when I’m not around.

The Big Boy Update:
Zach King Magician - My son suddenly wants to be a magician.   This is good, because his grandfather has been a magician all his life and I’m sure will be glad to be his mentor.   We weren’t sure where he was getting his enthusiasm and drive from until we found out he was watching Zach King’s channel on YouTube.   Last night he tried to hide dad’s sunglasses in his sister’s bed and the car key I’m not sure where because I intervened.   He was going to make them magically reappear when dad noticed them gone.    I convinced him something less breakable and crucial might be a better choice so he hid the toothpaste up on the shelf in the closet in a suit case.   I forewarned my husband who was very happy to have his magically disappearing toothpaste reappear.

On the Workbench - I came out into the garage the other day to find my son standing on our workbench, reaching to the very top of the tools hung on the wall.   I asked him what he was doing and he said he needed the sledgehammer because, “I’m trying to make my shoe become a rocket ship.”

Losing His Mind - Today I don’t know what happened to my son.   He lost his mind.  All he had to do was put on his clothes sitting right in front of him and then he could have the one thing he desperately wanted.   His agony dealing with the simple act of dressing was pretty darn epic.   He hated everyone.   We were all mean to him.    I tried to connect to him emotionally and physically but he didn’t want to be hugged.   I made him a glass of some juice he loves in hopes calories would help but he refused to drink it because I was one of the bad guys keeping him from his heart’s desire by requiring him to put on clothes.   Eventually he gave in but by that point the thing he had wanted to do he no longer cared about.

Hobby Kids - My son watches this YouTube channel called Hobby Kids.   He recently wanted to be adopted into their family which I explained would be complicated.  Now he’s decided he just wants them to come to his birthday party—which is six months away.   We just got his iPad screen fixed but we made him pay both in his own money as well as in time because we didn’t get the iPad fixed for some time.    My husband told me when the iPad broke and my husband took it away my son said in a sad voice, “I’m gonna miss Hobby Kids…”

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:
Simon Says - My daughter loves to play Simon Says.   She also likes to play the quiet game when she thinks we’re all talking too much.  She’s come up with a new game now though as she yelled out at the dinner table, “Simon Says one, two, three, quiet game!”

Losing a Tooth - My daughter doesn’t have any loose teeth yet; we ask from time to time.    Yesterday morning my daughter came downstairs to find me when she woke up.   She said, “I think I lost a tooth.”   I asked her to open her mouth so I could see but she stopped and said, “but maybe it was a dream?”   She still wasn’t sure so she asked me to check.   With all teeth still present we decided it must have been a dream.

Feeling Happy - My daughter is bored a lot.   I’m going to write about that an upcoming post because it’s something my husband and I feel like we’re failing at—keeping her occupied and happy.   And she’s said as much, indicating she isn’t being mentally stimulated because there are so few options of things she can do by herself and adult help is limited due to all the other things we’re doing.  So when my daughter said tonight, “where’s the purple ball?  Because I feel really happy today.   I’ve never felt so happy before.”  I have no idea why she was suddenly happy but we’ll take any happy we can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment