Saturday, July 22, 2017

Nothing

I don’t think we did anything today.   Otherwise known as nothing.   We got up and the children were entertaining themselves without needing adult intervention.   Breakfast was eaten and then more playing happened on the children side while the adults did as much nothing as we could manage.

Suddenly it was lunch time and sandwiches were made followed by bouncing several large yoga balls and a “Wubble” that needed patching after a while.   The Wubble has been a big entertainment feature of the trip with its elastic nature and grabability

Suddenly it was mid-afternoon and in order to hold the children off for dinner we went to get Polish Water Ice.   A lot of stickiness was had by all, mostly on the children but a significant bit on the adults due to the transitive property of dirt children seem to have mastered.

Then we came back to get into the lagoon and throw the children on the two-seater large inflatable duck.    And that was fun—until it started raining.   So we all retired to the hot tub.   The children lasted longer than the adults mostly because the adults wanted to sit in the hot tub while the children wanted to splash and dive jump on everyone foolish enough to remain in the water.

So now we’ve made it to beer o’clock and the children aren’t waning in energy.   Lasagna is in the oven and we’re looking forward to our niece arriving home from visiting a prospective college for next year. Bedtime will probably come too soon for the children and far too late for the adults.

But I only have one thing to say:  ahh, vacation.

The Big Boy Update:  The night before we went on vacation my children were keyed up, full of energy and not tired at all.   I was busy packing and after the third time going up to tell them to settle down I told them, “go to sleep or there will be consequences”.    My son did not like this at all, telling me, “wait, wait, you know if there will be consequences I can just get a knife and kill you?”   Ouch.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter parrots a lot of the phrases we use as adults.  Hearing them come out in her tiny little girl voice with her own intonation always makes me laugh though.   I don’t even remember what I said but my daughter informed me, mispronunciation and all, “don’t be re-dick-lee-ous!”

No comments:

Post a Comment