Friday, September 16, 2016

Sleevless

This morning I had a doctor’s appointment.  I had to do the getting undressed thing at the beginning and then get dressed again at the end.   I was out by 9:00AM and had multiple errands during the morning.  

I got my daughter at 12:00 for an off-site Orientation and Mobility session at the local children’s museum.   We met two other visually impaired children and their parents as well as her Orientation and Mobility teacher.   We had a very nice two-and-a-half hours there, doing a lot of comparative talking between parents.

I got in the car on the way home and realized something was wrong with my shirt.  It’s short-sleeved, but the shoulders are open.   It’s sort of a tank-top, off the shoulder, short-sleeved kind of look that’s popular.   I’ve never had one of these shirts before and had just gotten it earlier this week.  

What I realized was I had hurriedly put my shirt back on and had put my right arm through the “shoulder hole” instead of the arm hole, leaving the short sleeved part dangling beneath my armpit.

Smooth.   Suave.   Cool.   That’s me.   I asked my husband why he didn’t tell me in all that time we were together at the museum.   He said, “is that a new shirt?”

The Big Boy Update:  My son got in more trouble than he’s possibly ever been in today.   He was having a hard time.  It’s hard to tell why he gets worked up sometimes, but when it happens, he struggles.   I was in my singing lesson and came out to hear he was asleep, something he only does when he has to decompress from a very bad incident.  He had gotten a knife from the kitchen block and had come into the living room where my husband and daughter were with it—in anger.   Was he going to use it?  No.  But where did he get the idea knives were used for anything other than preparing food?  I know we’ve never used our knives in any other way.   My husband took the knife and my son has hopefully been given enough dose of fear from the incident he won’t even think about it in the future.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter and I were waiting for her new friends to arrive at the museum today.  She was playing with large foam blocks, having fun piling them on top of me.   I asked her if I could have a hug.   She looked at me and said, “um, there are no hugs today.”

No comments:

Post a Comment