Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Paying the Bills

I don’t like being late for a payment on a bill.   Some bills require late or delayed payment, such as medical bills which may not have been fully resolved with the insurance company.   Other bills, like a credit card bill are going to happily sit there, not particularly upset if you don’t pay it for some time because they make more money if you don’t pay or pay very little.

Credit card bill payments came up the other night with my best friend and we discovered we have the same odd behavior about how we pay them.   We both are known to make more than one payment on to the credit card in a month.  I don’t want to pay past the due date because I don’t want interest or fees applied.    But sometimes I might pay it more than once per month—and that part is perhaps the uncommon thing.

There are multiple ways you can have regular, recurring payments made to a credit card, but I just go in from time to time, checking the balance and making a payment.   If there has been a large purchase like a new computer or airfare, a few days later might make an early payment.  

My friend has some of her motivation in the points she gets from using the credit card.   I don’t pay much attention to the points or rewards or whatever it is I get from using the card.   I’ll have to have my husband check if we can “get anything good” sometime.    I just like knowing things borrowed have been paid for.   Perhaps that’s it, it’s the not liking owing money to another entity.   Maybe that’s why paying the bill feels like a good thing to me.

The Big Boy Update:  My son wants to get a Lego character for the video game we let him play on the weekends.   He told us several times at dinner how he wanted to get, “Barp Simpson” and could it be put on his wish list?

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  It was raining this morning.   My daughter asked me, “how do mud slides get out of the way of houses since they don’t turn so well?”


No comments:

Post a Comment