Monday, September 5, 2016

Finding Dad

My son rarely comes downstairs in the middle of the night.   My daughter comes down more frequently, for a variety of reasons.   It could be the, “I wet my pants” one which involves a change of sheet and new clothes for her, or it could be the, “I’m scared because of <insert thing of the day>”.

My daughter knows just where to find us too.   I’m always on my side of the bed, but dad isn’t always on his.   He falls asleep commonly while watching a movie in the basement.   When he wakes up varies, but when he does he comes up to bed.  

My daughter seems to know if she’s woken up late night or hours later in the early morning.   If it’s still night, she goes straight to the basement to find dad, bypassing me entirely.  

The Big Boy Update:  My son had a hard day today.   I can’t quite explain it other than to say he was feeling anxious, shy, wanting to control things and wanting to be by himself to play.    Some days are like this with him.   His music therapy teacher told me he curled up in her guitar case, something he’s done before and seems to like to do.    I’m surprised he fits in her guitar case.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter asked me this afternoon, “mom, what was your favorite part of the day?”   We talked about our favorite things that day and then she said, “my down part was when I pinched Madison and said ‘I’m sorry’”.

That Running Thing I Do:  I wasn’t sore from the twenty miles yesterday but after running a quick five miles this afternoon, suddenly my legs have reminded me they’re tired.  I’m running again tomorrow…this marathon training doesn’t let up.

No comments:

Post a Comment