Monday, September 26, 2016

Going Downhill

I think it’s been three days in a row now that this blog has been a bit of a downer.  I’m not depressed, but sometimes there just isn’t good news to report.   But before I go in that direction, let me tell you about the children yesterday…

It was dinner time but you wouldn’t have known it was because the children were out in the front yard and road with their friends.   My son was on the scooter going very, very fast with Whitaker, his neighbor.    They would go so fast the adults would cringe and then at the last minute they’d press the brake on the back wheel and stop smoothly and quickly.

My daughter was on—guess what—her tricycle.   She had to be talked into wearing shoes because she likes to stop abruptly, sometimes with her shoes.    We got them inside for dinner and bath eventually, but they do love playing outside on things that move fast.

Okay, so to the downer part.   My daughter has been having more difficulty seeing colors lately.   I’m not jumping to conclusions on this mostly because I’m a skeptic.   I’ve been wanting her vision to be better, okay, not that bad, improving, etc.  Basically anything other than getting worse, but in this case, I’m noticing her having difficulty discerning colors she didn’t have some months ago.

I saw her vision impairment teacher today and we both happened to mention it.   She said she’s noticed a change in her vision since June at the end of last school year.    The change is most likely due to the cataract in her left eye.    It unfortunately means things are going to get worse until it’s removed, which will then cause the color clarity to be fixed, but we’ll have to get her corrective lenses for her eye so she can see somewhat like she did with her natural lens.

So for now, until November when her next EUA is, we hold on and hope things don’t get too much worse in the meantime.

The Big Boy Update:  My son brought home more drawing work today.   He’s had a change of teachers in his classroom and has been responding very well to the new teacher.   He came home with drawings of Oklahoma, Michigan and Virginia yesterday and he had some Metal Inset work today he was fairly proud of.   We very much like his new teacher.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter brought some pin punching work today.   She told me all about the “poinking” she did through the paper with the poinker (sharp point on a wood stick).  I asked her what she put the paper on when she did the punching work and she kept saying she punched the paper.   But what was under the paper? Ohhhh…she said after a few more times of me asking.   There is a felt pad we punch through the paper into.

I’m Not That Sore Update:  Twenty-seven miles and I expected to be pretty sore and tired today.   I’m pretty much okay though.  A bit sore, but not bad.   Hopefully that means I’ll make it through the upcoming marathons.

No comments:

Post a Comment