Saturday, June 27, 2015

Pool Pizza in the Rain

We had another impromptu pool gathering today at dinner time.  It was a different group of families today, but there was the standard order of pizzas, albeit some with different toppings.    The pizza shop knows how to find us in the back of the clubhouse pool with ease by now.

We gathered in some extra people we didn’t initially invite at first because there was plenty of pizza.   No one coordinated but we had liquor and what seemed like a full bar from one family’s pool bag.   We brought chips and salsa with a side of fresh strawberries.    There were several choices of beverages for the children and multiple options for the adults, people were just passing around.   There were snap peas, sweet, fresh peppers and plenty of napkins for the small but messy children.

Just before the pizza arrived it thundered and rain shortly followed.   No matter, we all relocated to the covered area of the building, pushed tables together and turned on the television for the children so the adults could talk.  Jurassic Park was playing.   My son and daughter were into it as much as the older children.

It was relaxed.   It was fun.   It was a great summer evening with no real pressure to get home to bed times for the following morning’s grind of school.    We’re in now and we’re not even worried about when the children go to bed because they’ll fall asleep soon enough when they’re tired.

I love every season, but I most love the season I’m in right about when I hit the middle of the season, I think.

The Big Boy Update:  My son told me today, “I love Genevieve,” who is our neighbor’s daughter and his sister’s age.   I also know he has the serious little boy hots for her older sister, Juliette, who is six, because she is savvy and cute and precocious and she doesn’t put up with his shenanigans.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter has launched into a major upswing in drawing.   Her skills are improving, meaning it’s not just scribbles anymore.   She is interested in drawing all the time too. I’ve taken to leaving new things for her to color or draw at her seat at the kitchen bar.   When she saw something new there today, she sat down and immediately colored on it until she’d finished filling it all in.

No comments:

Post a Comment