Thursday, June 18, 2015

Bath Water

At the end of the evening my children take a bath.  They like a nice warm bath with toys and splashing about.   Usually they squeal and yell, there is lots of laughter and when its time to get out, no one wants the bath to be over.

I like to take a bath at the end of the night as well.  I like to do the proverbial, “ahhhhh…” while I relax in a warm tub of water, letting my mind calm and my body become clean, before bed.

As of this past week, we’ve moved our evening baths to the pool.   After dinner pool trips are fun times in our neighborhood.   There are relatively young children there, all splashing around, screaming, playing with toys and complaining when the parents say its time to get out and go home because its past bed time.  

I like it because my children go home tired and clean—aside from the saline water from the pool.   I love it because the pool is so warm.   It’s that proverbial, “bath water warm” that makes me happy in any pool.

With no need to get up early for school, and a big need for tired children who sleep well all the way through the night, after dinner trips to the pool are fun times.

The Big Boy Update:   My son asked my husband while they were in the shower, “Hey, where’s your penis?  Oh, there it is, in the middle of your body.”  Then he showed me his penis as I got him out of the shower with a ready towel.   He asked me, “where is your penis, mommy?”

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Night scares.  My daughter has woken up twice now, run down the stairs crying, gotten in bed with me upset.   She say nothing but calms down almost immediately.   About five minutes later she’ll go back upstairs with my husband and go to sleep with no complaints.

Fitness Update:  I did a smattering of things in the fitness room today since it was too hot to run again.   Tomorrow I’m going to try to run in the early morning cooler air, that is if the rain has stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment