Sunday, June 14, 2015

Phone-Free Meals

Our phones do so many things for us.   Neither my husband nor I intend to look at our phones that much, but they are so invaluable at getting information to us and for us that we seem to be “on the phone” more than we intend.

As of today, we’re instituting a “phone-free meal” policy so that we can interact with each other more at meals.   We’re not taking away the crayons and the coloring pages the kids menu’s offer at many restaurants, but we’re going to try and engage our children more.

I’m sure there will be exceptions, but being aware of something is the first step in making a change.

The Big Boy Tiny Girl Birthday Update:   Today was Pahmer’s birthday.   I’m not sure how this was decided, but both children started talking about it in the morning and said they needed to plan Pahmer’s birthday party.   While I went to the fitness room this afternoon, my husband helped them make and decorate mini cupcakes to celebrate.   When I got home we sang the birthday song and ate the cakes.   Pahmer, we discovered, is now fifteen-years-old.

Fitness Update;  It was over ninety degrees today and I wasn’t running our even thinking about running in the heat so I went to the fitness room instead.   I saw some soccer on the television in which England was playing.   No idea who was winning or even what color each team was wearing.  I don’t know how sports can just drain out of my brain, but it always has.   I got a good workout in though and talked with a nice man visiting who was visiting his brother’s family.

No comments:

Post a Comment