Monday, June 15, 2015

Ice Cream for Dinner

I’m starting a tradition tonight.   On the first day of summer in which we don’t have school, we’re going to have ice cream for dinner.   I’ve been looking for a nice spot in our area, but the ice cream parlors of old aren’t around any more.   There are some great places we could go and eat outdoors, but it’s ninety-nine degrees right now and ice cream in that amount of heat doesn’t stay ice cream for long.

My in-laws are flying in from visiting my brother-in-law’s family and plan to join us out.   I’ll see how it goes tonight, as my children aren’t that excited and don’t understand, asking questions like, “are we having dinner for dessert?”

I think I’m going to have to do a little dinner myself and then dig into a nice sundae or something.   After the amount of exercising I did today, I’m ready for some real food before dessert.  

We’ll see how this new tradition goes.  I’m mostly hoping for a memory that will resonate with them in future years.

The Big Boy Update:  My son asked us this morning, “is it okay for adults to watch kids shows?”

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter was trying to talk to my husband, but he wasn’t responding.   When I told her he had his headphones on and was reading she said, “then why isn’t his mouth moving?”

Fitness Update:  I ran seven miles this morning and then worked out doing elliptical for another hour with Uncle Jonathan.   I’m a bit tired, but since it’s, “Ice Cream for Dinner night," burning all those calories may well be a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment