Friday, April 17, 2015

The Goldfish Easter Egg Hunt

The Big Boy Tiny Girl Extrapolation Update:

I think my children enjoyed hunting for Easter Eggs.  They enjoyed hunting for them, opening them, looking at them in their baskets, wanting to eat all of them and having to wait until after mealtime to have one of them.  

Then, they forgot all about them.   While they weren't paying attention the other morning, I put all the candy away in a container high on a shelf and stored the plastic eggs and baskets in the attic for next year.   My children didn't notice for over a day.    When they did, they weren't particularly upset.    Then, today, they showed me they remembered, but what they remembered was the interesting part.

My daughter was having some goldfish for snack.   She had been putting them in this sorting tray I give her sometimes because she loves to count out forty-five goldfish into little compartments and then tell you which person each of those goldfish is going to.  She has a goldfish saved for each of her family members, friends and even some imaginary characters like Mickey Mouse.

Today, I noticed my daughter and son running around the living room, dining room and kitchen during snack time.   Normally, this is an indicator that they're finished with snack and I put away what's left and clean the plates up.   Today, however, I noticed little goldfish all around on high perches instead.  

There were goldfish on various parts of the kitchen counter, the island and the sink area.   There were goldfish on the bookshelves in the living room.  There was one on the entry way table and even one on the volute.   What were they doing?

It turns out, they were having a, "goldfish Easter Egg hunt."  They were hiding them from each other and then finding them and eating them.   The way they were doing it was interesting.   They knew if they put them low down, the dog would get to them.   They also knew the dog could get to the sofas and chairs (and they weren't allowed to have food in those areas anyway.)   They picked good spots to hide the goldfish, even though the spots were in plain sight to me.   To them, they were on tall spots they couldn't see unless they backed off and looked from a distance because they're not as tall as the counter tops.

I let them play the game, although I told them the living room was off limits, and they ended up eating all the goldfish happily playing their game together.

Fitness Update:   Friday at the gym and our trainer tried to make us pass out, I think.   I told my friend I didn't think I could let her ride home in the Tesla sweating like she was.   She sat on her jacket, even thought I told her I was joking.  (Or was I?)

No comments:

Post a Comment