Thursday, April 16, 2015

Somewhat Sick

My children are somewhat sick.   They're technically not allowed to go to school because a low-grade fever appeared in one of them for a day.   The other one felt hot, but I didn't bother to check it because if it was a high fever, he would have been a mess and he was just a little slower than usual.

My daughter threw up once, which confused her to no end because she never throws up.    There was also some diarrhea as well.  Okay STOP, I hate that word.   I can not spell diarrhea.   The only reason I got it the second time is because I got it close enough after seven, yes seven, tries for spell check to have even a guess at what I was trying to spell.    I have no idea how many times I've needed to type that word in my life, but I still haven't learned.   Maybe I've been fortunate to not have suffered the condition much, but I couldn't even get close.   <rant off>

Where was I?  Ah yes, my children not being eligible for school.   They have something that many, even lots of the children at school are catching.   Whatever it is, I speculate it's not something new, because none of the adults are coming down with it.    My children have been cranky and not hungry, but we haven't been treating them with anything in the hopes they'd rest and sleep some.    There has been little sleeping during the day, though.

The qualifications for being eligible for school are fever-free, vomit-free and runny-poo free for twenty-four hours and mine don't meet the requirements yet.   (Did you see how I got around spelling that word again?  It's because I already forgot how to spell it.   I think it starts with "dia" or was it, "dih?")

The Big Boy Update:  My son asked me to text Tristan, one of their sitters, tonight and tell him they wanted him to come over and play with them at their house.   Then, when I told him the message had been sent, he asked what Tristan had replied.    A bit later, Tristan sent back he'd be glad to come over any time and play with them.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My children get dressed for school before coming down in the mornings.  Uncharacteristic of my friendly and sharing daughter, she got dressed the other morning, ran out of the room leaving her brother behind her saying, "I win, you lose!"

No comments:

Post a Comment