Sunday, April 26, 2015

10:07PM

We have something strange happening in our house.   It happens every night at 10:07PM and we don't know why.    My husband heard about it because I was around when it happened, but he didn't see it in action until one night he came upstairs right at the right time.

Our Jacuzzi tub turns on the blower fan every night for thirty seconds right at 10:07PM.   It sounds strange, but here's how it works to give some background:  When you use the bubble jets in the tub, a twenty-minute timer is set once the bubbles are turned off.    The estimation is, twenty minutes later you're likely out of the tub and it's been drained.   The bubble jet turns back on and blows out all the remaining water in the tubes so there won't be standing water remaining in the unit.

The system has worked fine for four-and-a-half years now, but then something went strange.  I started noticing the blower cycle coming on at a time much later than my children's pre-bedtime bath.    I also noticed it would come on on days they either didn't have a bath or days they didn't turn on the bubbles.    Then, I noticed it was at the exact same time every day: 10:07PM.

There is a timer in the unit, because it's able to calculate the twenty-minute wait cycle.   The unit knows how to turn on at a later point as well, but this twenty-four hour blow-out has me baffled.  

I have the original manual for the unit, but that doesn't help.   It's also one of those manuals that covers functionality for a whole slew of model types.   I've tried looking online to find information.   Try looking up Jacuzzi, timer, twenty-four hours, blower and any other words in the above paragraphs in Google and you'll get all sorts of helpful information on hot tubs and not bath tubs.    My husband gave it a try and we're still no closer to solving the mystery.

The Big Boy Update:  My son told me he wanted his "farmonica" today.   I didn't realize what he wanted and why he was climbing up on the book shelf until I realized he was looking for the harmonica my husband had put away on a high shelf, the day before.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter drew some recognizable artwork today.   She's mostly scribbles still, because we're not judging her drawing on accuracy and we don't put any expectations on what she should be drawing at this age.   She drew a hand today on Nana's birthday card.   She most likely traced her own hand, but she put fingernails on it and was very proud of her work.   My mother taught her how to draw hands some time back.

No comments:

Post a Comment