Sunday, April 5, 2015

Punch You in the Penis

This post is about our Easter Lunch today, but you wouldn't know it by the title; that part came at the end.  

I am fortunate to have had my family join us for Easter lunch today.  Sometimes, I forget to be thankful for things.  Not only are both my parents living, both of my in-laws are living.  No one hates each other and we genuinely like each other.    Today, all four of my children's grandparents were at Easter lunch with us.

My mother had gotten the ham and some sides for our meal.  My mother-in-law made a delicious salad and my husband made mashed potatoes and rolls.   I did nothing.    I chatted with people and laughed when my son got naked in the back yard because he remembered the hose was back on from last fall.  

Oh wait, I did the Easter baskets and the eggs.  Okay, I feel better, for a bit I thought I was an Easter Day Slob.  When my parents were on the way over, they called and with the help of my in-laws and husband, got the baskets placed at the front door and the eggs hidden in the front yard.

The baskets were exciting to the children and the eggs were great fun for them to find.   I tried to make them more challenging (as opposed to just lying on the grass) but they made quick work of them.    We went back in to try and control their sugar intake and prepare lunch (that's the bit where I became less-than-helpful.)

Uncle Jonathan arrived and lunch was served.   We all are well and after my children ate enough to qualify for dessert, we told them they could have something from their Easter baskets.   We asked them if they would maybe share a piece of their candy with us.   My daughter said she would like to share a piece of candy with us.   My son told us if we took a piece of his candy he was going to punch us in the penis.

The Big Boy Update:  My son asked me this afternoon on the playground while I was adjusting the height of the swing, "are you practicing to be a human?"

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:   My daughter asked me this morning, "is it still spring?"


No comments:

Post a Comment