Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Cellulack

Cellulite!  It's one of those dirty words we as ladies aren't suppose to have.  And if we do have it, hopefully we don't select articles of clothing that show off or call attention to the rumbly crumply areas of our affected thighs. 

I noticed some time ago, let us say more than a decade back, that I had cellulite.  I didn't know how it got there, it wasn't due to being grossly overweight, but it was there nonetheless.  I noticed it when I was wearing shorts and had my legs crossed or had pressure on my thighs say at a ballpark on a hard metal seat.  It was unattractive.

But I didn't know what to do about it.  I saw some commercial one time about a cream that would get rid of cellulite, but that sounded unplausable to me.  I just didn't think about it and tried to pretend it wasn't there for the most part.

Then, yesterday at the pool, my husband said to me, "your quads look very muscular."  I leaned over, took a look and decided my muscles looked rather like they normally did to me, but wait just a minute, there is no cellulite!  Hold the phone people.  I had heard you couldn't get rid of cellulite with exercise.  Was this a statement by someone who really didn't want to exercise (say, someone like me from a few years back?) 

But it's true.  The cellulite is gone.  Was it that old plan of, "diet and exercise" that made not only the weight come off and the muscles appear, but the cellulite dissapear too?  

The Big Boy Update:  "Where's my penis?"  In the bathtub he took the red plastic cup daddy was using to rinse their hair and decided to play hide-and-go-seek with his penis.  He was very proud to show you he knew where his penis was hiding.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Pool bliss.  Daddy, my son, Nana and Papa are at Disney today.  My daughter and I didn't go because sixteen months is not the best age to experience Disney.  It would be mostly a stroller and car seat day for her and the bits of fun she would have would be separated by long bouts of unhappy and boring.  What she did instead this morning was play out at the pool with the water table, the kiddy pools and the hose.  After she's been out there a while I just took off all her clothes and sprayed her head to toe with sunscreen.  She is white-haired and pale-skinned and I don't really want to know how quickly she could fry in the Florida sun.  She had such a good time I predict she's going to sleep for a large portion of the afternoon.

Someone Once Said:   A basic proposition of epistemology, bedrock both for the three basic statements of semantics and for information theory, is that an observed fact requires no proof. It simply is, self-demonstrating. Let philosophers worry about it; they haven’t anything better to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment