Saturday, November 10, 2012

Snoots and Foffie

I found some boots.  I also got some nice socks that go way up over the knees and are comfortable when wearing the boots.  But not unlike the bra situation, I find that even good quality boots aren't as comfortable as the sneakers I've been wearing.

There's really nothing more comfortable than sneakers.  They're designed to hug your feet and make them feel like they're being wrapped in a snug bed of fluffy pillows.  Or at least that's how my feet feel in sneakers.  Dress shoes can make your legs look good.  Boots can be great in cold weather and flip flops are perfect for summer weather.  But nothing feels as comforting on your feet as a good pair of sneakers.

I was wearing a pair of boots from several years ago when I went out looking for my new pair yesterday.  After awhile, I noticed my feet were getting tired.  "That's strange," I thought, "I can run for hours and my feet don't get tired, I wonder what's happening?"  Ah, never mind, it's the boots.  It's that "better to look good than to feel good" fashion quandary.  And I do want to look good.   But my feet like to be happy too.  Alas.

I got to thinking as I drove home that I could create a brand of boots called, "Snoots" that combined the look of stylish boots, but had the internal feel and support of sneakers.  I imagined my Snoots would become bigger than Uggs.  In a few short years I would be poised to take over the world, supported by people with happy, comfortable, stylish looking feet.

And on the coffee front, I've realized I don't appreciate--or even like--serious coffee.  I don't like the bold, robust flavors.  They just taste like burnt coffee to me.  I thought I was possibly getting poor quality coffee, but after talking to some coffee experts and trying quality coffee from reputable shops, it turns out I don't like dark roasts.  I don't even really like just regular coffee that much.  I seem to be fond of coffee the most when it's done up with bonus flavors and extra add-ins.  I don't think I like coffee so much as I like fake coffee.  I think I'm a foffie lover instead of a coffee lover.

The Big Boy Update:  Soup.  He really likes soup.  He'll tell you so by chanting, "soup, soup, soup."  He'll try to slurp and sip the soup if he can't get any more with his spoon.  We were at a restaurant the other night celebrating my mother's birthday and she eventually just gave him her soup because he was so excited about it.  I'm not sure she could have gotten the bowl back if she wanted to, he was grinning and practically hugging it.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Going down the stairs.  She's gotten interested in not only going up, but backing down.  I sat with her for fifteen minutes the other day while she went up and down the same four steps.  She was getting pretty good at stepping back down and maintaining control.  Then again, she still giggles with glee and wants you to chase her up the stairs most of the time.

Fitness Update:  Not so much a big exercise, but some fun exercising and a happy experience.  My husband and I were at my son's school at a parent experience this weekend which involved "PE" with the school's physical education teacher.  He took us through what the children do at PE, including running around the yard to get our heart rates up and then competing in a rowdy game of broom ball.  This is something I would have dreaded in past years, but with my cardiovascular health in good form I ran past the other parents on the warmup and was running back and forth on the field trying to whack the ball and score for my team.  I didn't get winded.  I didn't want to sit on the sidelines.  I was sad when the game was over.  I was even hopping around trying to keep my heart rate up during slow periods.  It felt good to be in shape and not be tired.

Someone Once Said:   All men are created unequal.

No comments:

Post a Comment