Friday, November 2, 2012

Random Thoughs In Paragraph Form

It's catch-up time again.  Too many thoughts, not enough time at the computer.

Water drinkers aren't just cheap:  I've known many people who only order water at restaurants.  I thought for a long time that they wanted to save the money on an expensive soda.  I never really liked drinking water.  Why drink water when you can have a soda or tea or lemonade?  When my husband and I went on our diet we decided to drink more water.  Specifically, I moved from unsweetened ice tea to water any time we're out at a restaurant.  Now I understand, it's not always about the money.  Some people just prefer water.  Now, iced tea or soda doesn't sound appetizing to me.  Although beer wine still sounds delicious.

Breaking down the bubble gum:  I was chewing on a piece of bubble gum yesterday and I had a flash back to my childhood when you could chew on a piece for long enough and it would eventually break down into a gritty mess.  At some point, the formula for gum was updated and you can't "kill" a piece of gum these days like you could when I was young.

Sausage Balls:  It wasn't even November yet when I started craving sausage balls.  I'm not sure what's come over me, but I love those little balls of cheese, sausage and Bisquick.  I made some for a school party but we left before the party was over and left the extras.  I think I'm going to have to make them again for Practice Thanksgiving.  I don't think I've had them in several years.  Maybe my sausage ball internal timer is up.

That tears it:  Remember the great fingernails I finally had after forty years of chewing, tearing, picking at and general weak nails?  Some of the nail strength I had was from the pregnancies.  Those nails are long gone.  It's been frustrating to hit my nail on something and have it tear down on the side, weeks below the quick line.  I'm putting strengthening polish on them, but it's frustrating.  I Don't think I'm going to get pregnant again for great nails, just in case you were wondering.

Finding all the toys in a set:  Toys can have lots of parts.  The grocery car has things to put into the cart on the front, a scanner and a pretend cell phone, for example.  Those parts get all over the house for various reasons.  And the car is one of about fifty toys with parts that can get separated.  Now, I'm pretty good at keeping things together, but I'm not the only one moving parts and pieces around.  Whenever I get everything back together after a long separation, it's always a nice feeling.  Perhaps that's a sign of some sort of tidy disorder I have...

The Big Boy Update:  "Fries, sauce, fries, eat, pet-sel, food"  When he's hungry, say going home from school in the car, he will throw all his food words at you.  He's really getting good at communicating.  And cooking, he likes to cook.   Daddy named him a French Chef the other day because he kept wanting to add butter to everything.   I also noticed something interesting on our rides to school in the morning; he is learning that when you sing, you do so together instead of taking turns like you do when talking.  Singing isn't communication as much as it's a shared experience that happens at the same time.  For weeks, I'd sing and when I'd stop, he'd start.  Now, he's getting that we sing at the same time.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  School!  I am so excited.  She's been accepted to school.   I suppose accepted isn't the best word, as she was accepted as a future student some time ago.  It's more of a readiness situation.  We had her evaluated by her future teacher, Angie, who they call the "Toddler Whisper" for reasons that are apparent from the moment you meet her.  I was expecting Angie to suggest we start her at fourteen months.  Instead, she said we should bring her starting on Tuesday.  She won't be a year until the following week.  But I am so thrilled.  The value my son has gotten from being in an educational and social environment has been dramatic.  I know she's going to love school.

Fitness Update:  I'm getting excited about the half marathon.  My neighbor and I are going to run it like any normal run we do, which means a lot of chatting and more running instead of racing.  For a shorter race, I'm at the point where I'd like to see if I can beat my prior record, but I don't trust myself to use up too much energy at the start of the race.   I want to finish running the whole way.  Distraction by talking is one of the best ways for me to do this.

Someone Once Said:  A univer$ity always $tand$ $taunchly by it$ $olvent a$$ociate$; that’$ the ba$ic $ecret of $chola$tic $ucce$$.

No comments:

Post a Comment