Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Body Part Updates

First, the mammogram results are back.  I told my husband when I looked at the pictures on the technician's screen that I saw something that looked like nice even marbled, fatty meat.  I didn't see anything that looked irregular.  But I'm no expert so I've been waiting for the radiology report.  I got that today and it said, "No suspicious masses, microcalcifications, or areas of architectural distortion."  I like the sound of that.

On the eye front, it's been two-and-a-half weeks since the PRK/LASIK combo procedures.  Since I had different things done on each eye, the healing process and vision improvement is significantly different for each eye.  The LASIK eye is coming in line, but won't have great vision for another two to three weeks.  The PRK eye is super amazing astounding for close-up vision, say six inches from my face, but I can't see the big E on the top line of the eye chart across the room because the distance vision is, well, awful.

Over the next few weeks both eyes should continue to heal and improve.  He said both eyes were as he expected them to be at this point.  Hydration will help improve both my current vision and the healing process.  He put another round of temporary tear duct plugs in, as the first set from five months ago has dissolved.  I'm happy about that because I'm going through quite the quantity of eye drops.

No comments:

Post a Comment