Friday, July 3, 2020

Power Crystals

This morning my son ran excitedly into the bedroom rather early.   I think we had forgotten to get the mail out of the mailbox the day before and when he'd checked and found a small package addressed to me, he thought it might be the crystals he and his sister had ordered.

Alas, it wasn't, but I assured him it was scheduled to arrive today.   When, he and his sister asked, would that be?   I said we could look but it would list, "on the truck out for delivery" and we would just have to wait.   Typically things arrived around midday at our house so hopefully, it wouldn't be that much longer.

The children had set their alarms and gotten up at apparently six-thirty to meet their friends outside for some game they were playing.   They had sweatshirts from the cooler weather at that hour that they shed when the sun warmed things up and it got very hot outside.   I think the four children were out around eight, which is early for them but is still a nice time to be outside.  

They had decided, unbeknownst to my husband and me, to change the swings out on the swingset.   They've never done this before but working together were able to accomplish moving things around and changing the height of some of the swings.   I'm glad I don't have to help with this task anymore as it was a pain for sure.  

Just before lunch, I heard a commotion at the front door and sure enough, the sixty crystals had arrived.   We all say on the grass and put a flocked tray in the middle of the group to spread the crystals out upon.  

They all agreed very nicely, deciding some were for each of them to keep while a set group was for the game they'd come up with.   I took the rest inside.   I brought them some necklaces to string the crystal(s) on so they wouldn't lose them.  

It was about then that a Kona Ice truck arrived.   We haven't seen a truck of any sorts this summer and were happy to get ice from a nice masked and gloved man trying to keep his business going.  After that, it was game time with the crystals.    The children were busy for the rest of the day with their friends.   And there were no fights.   It was nice.

The Big Boy Update:  My husband used up some jar spaghetti sauce tonight.   My son lost his mind.   It wasn't dad's sauce.   Fine, he didn't have to eat dinner but he got nothing else to eat until tomorrow. There is a lot more I can tell you about what went down because just not liking a variant on a food flavor is not reason enough to warrant the label, "losing his mind."   Trust me, there was more.   In the end, he ate dinner, apologized to his father, and said thank you for making dinner.   Then, and only then, did we allow him to watch Avatar, a cartoon series.  One of the children is blind.  My daughter has been listening to the show with her brother and enjoying it.  He's been really kind to tell her what's happening every time she asks.   He's a good brother to her all the time when this happens and he never complains about having to explain.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Today when the crystals had been distributed, my daughter told me in front of Keira that Rayan was her boyfriend.  Keira didn't say anything but I told my daughter I thought Rayan was a great guy and we totally approved.   Then Reese decided to up the stakes and said, "Rayan's going to marry me."   Rayan, off to the side under a tree with my son overheard this part and said in mild alarm, "What?  I never agreed to that!"

No comments:

Post a Comment