Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Dual Interface

I am so confused by Blogger, the platform on which I write these blog posts.   They've updated their site to have a new look and feel but it doesn't seem consistently implemented.  For instance, I'm writing in a window that looks just like it's looked since I started writing this blog in 2011.   However, there is a second window I have open that has the new interface.

How I get one version of the edit screen up versus the other isn't clear to me.   I did slightly different things just now to get to the post creation screen, coming from two different starting locations, but other than that I seem to get to one or the other rather randomly.

I have all ideas, the reasons why I get to one or the other options aren't at all random though.  This is based on generally knowing how software works.   I have a background of a B.S. in Computer Science followed up with years in the field of software development prior to having children and becoming a real estate agent.

What surprises me is that both versions of the interface are available at the same time.   There could be an option to chose the old version over the new if that's what I preferred, but I haven't changed any settings.   It wouldn't explain why sometimes I get to the new interface and other times the old.

I like the new interface, but the old saying of "what you know is what you like" is very true and I'm most at home writing in the well-known interface I've been using for almost nine years. I wonder if the old interface will someday just disappear and if I'll have any idea when it's going to happen.  

I'm not stopping writing.  I don't think I could if I tried.   It's part of my day and part of my life now.

The Big Boy Tiny Girl KiwiCo Crate Projects:  My son has been doing KiwiCo crates since Christmas.   They're little cardboard boxes with a project to complete in them.   My daughter did her first crate today from ones I ordered that didn't need sight to do and be successful.   She loved her crate in which we created a memory matching game where we hid the tokens behind leaves in a tree and then put the matches we made into a log for storage.   She and I made the tiles tactile with some shaped stickers.   Her brother made a Chinese lantern string that his father helped him on.   The lanterns are hanging under the top bunk, ready to light up his bed tonight when he goes to sleep.   These KiwiCo crates are great.   My daughter didn't want to do hers for a good while after I ordered them but decided to do one today.   After she and I finished the one, she and her brother got together and made a second one where they created three musical instruments together.


No comments:

Post a Comment