Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Going to Morgan’s House

Cookies
Making cookies with Morgan is so much fun.  Zivy, their dog, is so playful.  When I have time to play, I get to throw toys and play tug.   Morgan and I make cookies with icing and chocolate chips, M&Ms, and crushed KitKats.  Morgan has a special recipe that she made up and all her family uses it.

Sometimes we go to the store and have to get new ingredients to make the cookies or toppings.  The butter smells like cheese to me.   For cookies we need butter, sugar, brown sugar, milk, flour, salt, baking soda, egg, chocolate chips, M&Ms, or KitKats.  We add butter, sugar, and brown sugar first into a bowl.   Then we mix an egg in (I think) and then salt and baking soda.  Finally, we add flour and milk.  We add the toppings in last.  

We make them into balls and put them on a baking sheet and then put them in the oven.   It takes nine to eleven minutes to cook.  They cool off and then, kachow, they're ready to eat.

Morgan, The Cats and Me
Morgan and I play with the cats and play hide-and-go-seek where we look for the cats because they like to hide.  One's named Echo and the other's named Wolverine.  The cats love their treats.  They might even come out for the treats.   Wolverine is more shy but she or he (I don't know) still comes out to see me sometimes.

Making Art with Morgan
Morgan and I make pictures with paint and markers.  Sometimes we even make Play-Doh.  We make pictures of butterflies and big splotches of paint.  We paint either in the garage or on the driveway.   Zivy is shut in the house so she can't get in the way of the paint.   We use as many colors as we can.   We use our hands, feet, and sometimes paintbrushes.  We paint on small sheets of paper or one large sheet of paper.  One of my pictures is framed in our house.   It has gold and red.   There might be other colors too but I don't know, because I forgot.  

I always have fun when I spend time with Morgan.  Now I have to go because I'm going to Morgan's house to make cookies!

The Big Boy Update: Cleaning up the LEGOs...continues.  There were so many LEGOs on our dining room table they spilled over into the chairs and the sideboard.   Drawers containing one color of LEGOs each were stacked all around the table and specific models were laid out with their instructions as my son tried to find all the pieces so he could recreate some of the smaller models we'd broken down into parts to add to our larger collection.   It's been an on-and-off project to reclaim the dining room table since school ended for the summer.   We haven't been in a huge hurry since we had no need for the table from an entertainment perspective.   But since my son had waned on his interest in working with the LEGOs, I said it was time.   Today he's close to finishing.   It's going to take another day or two, but he's in the home stretch.   There were several models he wanted to keep intact and since we have loads of LEGOs, that was fine.   After I post this I'm going up to help him so his father will be impressed with the work he's accomplished when he gets in from golf later this evening.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  If you hadn't already guessed, my daughter wrote today's blog post.   I did the typing as she's not that fast yet at typing and gets done after only a paragraph or so.   The third sentence into the post here I told her the proper way to say a list of names was to put your name at the end, so instead of saying, "me and Morgan" it should be, "Morgan and me."   I told her she could remember that she always went last.   She remembered the rule and when starting the next section she started off in gramatically correct order with, "Morgan, The Cats and I."   I decided not to push my luck with the second rule about removing everyone else from the statement to determine if you should use 'me' or 'I' and just corrected it for her in the text.   I'm happy she was interested in changing how she's been putting herself before other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment