Thursday, July 2, 2020

Boring

I feel like I haven't had much to write about lately that's been notable or interesting.  It's summer here and we're moving at a slow pace, which is saying a lot because it felt like our pace was pretty darned slow with the lockdown in place already.   The standard topics seem to be less than interesting to me: my children bicker, it's quiet here, we're trying to keep everyone busy, school at home was challenging, my back is crummy, standard stuff.

My back is definitely crummy tonight after a long day organizing things in the craft room.   What, you ask, you're not done with that project yet?   I would have been done with it days ago only after getting the first pass done, I launched into a total revamp of everything in the room.   Things are moving all around as I rethink how the whole room should be configured.

I have loads of stuff.   Stuff for lack of a better word because the amount of content in that room is too large to easily contain it with the single word of 'crafts.'   Over time I've gotten more things and found places for them to go but sometimes that means the location I could fit the things it wasn't necessarily the best place for it to go overall with the room or with respect to similar things like it.

I'm going through bins and drawers I haven't cleaned out since the children were babies.  And I'm loving it.   I've plowed through multiple long audiobooks while I worked, which has made the day move by so fast I'm always surprised to find out it's dinner time.

Which gets me to the, "my back is crummy" part.  At the end of the day, my back is screaming at me. I should have written this post earlier in the day because right now, I just want to lie down.   So I'm finishing this up and heading off to do just that.

The Big Boy Tiny Girl Crystals Update:  My children have gotten into crystals.   We found a collection of sixty different colored pendant crystals that were inexpensive online.   They're not natural crystals but are more of the engineered type, which is fine because they're children, don't care, and had very little money to spend.   To them, they're power crystals and represent different elements.   They come in tomorrow and they plan to play with them all weekend with their friends in the yard.  

No comments:

Post a Comment