Friday, September 6, 2019

Sometimes There’s A Craving

Last night I wanted Indian food.  A lot of it.   Fortunately, my husband also wanted Indian food.   We tried to figure out what the children would like, spicy-wise and dish specifics and I headed off to the Indian restaurant with a plan to order a sizeable amount of food and then, while it was being cooked, look for some Gorilla glue in the delicate dispenser format so we could glue in one of my daughters lenses to her glasses.

I came home with a lot of food.   My daughter and son both liked the rice and we all liked one of the dishes we'd never tried before.   I wasn't able to find the glue in time, but my husband made do with some other glue I had in the craft room.   She has two pair of prescription glasses, both of which have issues with the left lens staying in place.

There was a lot of leftover food.   We're eating it tonight, my husband had some for lunch and we'll eat it through the weekend.   I'm not sure I got enough Naan, but they definitely gave me a lot of rice, which is popular with my children.

Today was sunny and nice weather—perfect for the canceled school day my daughter had for the hurricane that wasn't particularly close to us.  She and I got new shoes for her, something she didn't want to do at all until she got to try them on.   Then, she was all about getting new shoes.

The Big Boy Update:  My son had school, unlike the public school which canceled the last two days for potential hurricane weather here (which didn't come to pass).   He's happy about the research he's working on and the Mystery History project he'll be doing for Halloween, in which he presents a figure from history and the parents try to guess who he's dressed up as and reporting on in the first person.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter had her hair cut today.   We only do it about twice a year and cut off only an inch each time as it grows quite slowly.   After the haircut, we went to get shoes.   It is interesting getting shoes for a blind child.   The important things to her were the pattern of rubber on the bottom of the shoes and what "maze" it made.   Also, if there had been, "flip" shoes she would have been interested, but there were none so she picked pale pink and blue—neither of which she could see.   She liked the patterns a lot on the bottom though, which was all that mattered to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment