Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Long-distance Shopping

I was getting the children ready to go to school this morning when I noticed a text on my phone from my brother-in-law, Uncle Bob.   A few years ago Bob was visiting and I told him how much I liked the fleece he was wearing.   Nice fit, good quality stylish yet tailored and just the right amount of fuzzy.  

He told me he had gotten it in Europe on one of the trips he and Uncle Brian had been on.   Christmas came around and I opened a box with not one,  but two fleeces for me from the same shop they had gotten Bob's fleeces from, on a subsequent trip.  

There was a green one that was large enough to wear a shirt under and a grey and peach one that was just snug enough to wear alone.   I've worn both fleeces all throughout the cold months, taking them on trips when we've traveled.   They're, as my mother would say, "go-to" items in my wardrobe.

So today when I looked at my phone this morning while I was reminding my son to get his lunch box from the refrigerator and telling my daughter the cab should be here any minute, the text from Uncle Bob, saying he was in Paris shopping and was I interested in another one of the fleeces?  

How quickly could I type yes?  We confirmed sizes with the other two I had and then he sent me color options.   I told him to decide as the choices all sounded good to me. Nothing like a little long-distance shopping in September.   I told him I was looking forward to my Christmas present already!

The Big Boy Update:  After school today my son told me he was tired, his stomach hurt and he wanted to go to bed.   He was coy about it and something was amiss.   I asked him if he knew where his Switch was?  He told me he didn't know, that Dad had it somewhere.   I was doubly questioning things because I had heard him going from the bonus room to his bedroom far later than bedtime last night.   Short story: he was lying.   He had the Switch and was playing video games in his closet.   I took it away and told him there would be a consequence, I would have to think about something appropriate.   Hopefully he's fretting over what it might be.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter's first day of the Girls Run Club was today.   She had a very good time running with some of her classmates in the eighty-six degree weather.   She scraped her knee badly, but it was at the end and she didn't seem overly upset about it, she was more interested in the sleepover she and Brooklynn had been planning while running.

No comments:

Post a Comment