Saturday, September 28, 2019

Drive Shack

Today was my husband's birthday.   He's something-or-other old. We're not focusing on the number this year on account of it not being a big number.   It's over forty and that's all that needs to be said about that.   What was important was the cookie cake my husband wanted for Movie Night for his birthday.

Movie Night birthday celebrations are just about as basic as you can get: after the first movie is over or at a breaking point if the movie is a long one, we come upstairs, stand around the island in the kitchen, sing the birthday song, eat cake and chat and then return downstairs to finish the movie.

That was last night though.   Today, for my husband's birthday, we were going to The Drive Shack.   This is an indoor/outdoor golf bar.   I don't know if that's how to explain it.   You have a "lane" a lot like you do in bowling.  There is a large area of grass out in front of you with circles of different colors indicating distances.  

We were on the third floor which meant people below us and on both sides were hitting balls towards the targets.   There were six of us: my husband and Aunt Margaret who was celebrating a bit of a belated birthday out.   My in-laws and their good friend Dottie.   Of the six adults, Margaret and I knew the least about golf, but they made us feel good for the shots we made.

It was a bit like bowling, this way of playing golf.   I didn't mind it.   There was no short game at all.   You hit the ball a few times.  Once you're close enough to the actual hole the computer estimates your score.   You don't have to put or chip up at all.   That's why it's called The Drive Shack  

The Bit Boy Update:  My son has started reading and preparing for Mystery History.   He read twenty-five pages of the book aloud tonight and reviewed facts he might put in his report afterward

The TIny Girl Chronicles: My daughter enjoyed having two friends over tonight with her sitter.   There were four children and two adults at the house while we were going. I heard they all played well together, but that everyone was (thankfully) tired by the time we got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment