Friday, September 27, 2019

Bobbing For Reese

My daughter is with Nana and Papa right now.   Today was her last day of the first quarter of second grade.   We sent her off to school in her cab, with Renee, the driver she's not as friendly with mostly because Renee doesn't engage the children like some of her other teachers have.

It's been a tough quarter for my daughter, but I thought we were making progress with two sessions per week for Dhruti, one session each week for play therapy and a second one for what I suppose is regular therapy?  I'm. Not altogether sure what's happening across the two sessions my daughter has with Dhruti, but it seems to be whatever my daughter needs that Dhruti can be there for.

Today turned out to be a tough day for my daughter.   We got independent, private messages from each of her primary teacher and her VI teacher.   Both emails came from very concerned teachers who were seeing unexpected and negative behavior in my daughter.   

Nana and Papa picked up my daughter from school and didn't know anything about the challenging behavior she'd had earlier in the day.  Hopefully, some healing has gone on or at least some calming.   This picture came from Nana labeled, "Bobbing for apples turned into Bobbing for Reese."


The Big Boy Update:  My son came home today knowing he had to do a nice project for his father in penance for sneaking playing video games when he wasn't allowed earlier this week.  He had a mission when he got home to do something special and nice for his father's birthday tomorrow.   He came to find me a while later.   I was impressed.   I told him to hide it until tomorrow to surprise his father.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  It hurts my heart to know my daughter is so upset mentally, so traumatized that it's affecting her mental state so seriously.   I don't know what to do.   At all.   I thought we were getting someplace, but it seems like maybe we're not.

No comments:

Post a Comment