Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Four Dog Miles

I went running again today with Aunt Margaret.   Let me tell you something—it is nice to be able to run and breathe.   It was a simple fix, shifting the medication by three hours.   Now I just need to train.

We took Matisse with us and decided to push her a little further than we did the last two times.   She has to heel on my leg and doesn't have a good way to explain when she's overly tired and shouldn't run further, so we're taking her training slowly.

The weather was warm, but not too terribly hot.   We got to the water station in the park and I doused her with water to cool her down and let her drink a lot.   We went a bit further and then came home.   I run slowly, so my running is a sort of trot for the dog with her four legs and size, but she's still moving and panting the whole time with her long tongue hanging out.

We had multiple groups of dogs we had to pass that might have been aggressive on their side based on the owner's response in restraining them.   I made a mistake and didn't have her actual leash, only the e-collar remote.   I almost didn't need it though, she listens and was safe, stuck by us and sat when we stopped and waited for others to pass.

The Big Boy Update:  Margaret and I picked up my son from school today.   He almost never wants to tell me about school but he launched into what he was doing at school to tell her.   I was jealous.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles: My mother talks to my daughter on her watch a lot after school.  They are planning a visit for her to go to the mountains to stay with them.    My daughter asked Mimi, ”what do you think will be the first thing I do when I go to your house?” My mother said she didn’t know.  My daughter said she was going to the M&M bowl by the front door.    My daughter does so love candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment