Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Back to Normal?

It’s been a long two weeks.   I titrated off the large dose of Lyrica I’d had to go up to over multiple years to deal with the nerve pain I have from the spinal cord damage I have and then dealt with the withdrawal symptoms including nausea, lack of appetite, exhaustion, rebound pain and pain.   I feel like I spent almost two weeks in bed.

None of it was fun but I wanted to wait it out until I was over the withdrawals to see what my pain level was really like.   The withdrawals from Lyrica aren’t that long in number of days, but this time they were more intense than the last time I did the same thing.   At that time I was at a lower daily dosage though.

In the end I’d lost weight I did’t need to lose and was still tired.   I don’t really know how much pain I was in.   That might sound like a strange thing to say, but it’s the only way I can describe it.   I was sometimes focused on the thing or things that hurt the worst because they were the loudest reporting to my brain.   It’s hard to tell, a significant portion of my body has nerve pain and I just didn’t know anything anymore other than I was in a serious funk because of the withdrawal side effects and, well, pain.

Things leveled out though with yesterday being the end of week two without any Lyrica.   Today I started back on a much lower dose.   And suddenly, an hour later, I felt hugely better.   Better, but without the same dosage as before.   So I’m back to normal.   Or as normal as I suppose I get.

So for now, I’m going to try and keep at the lower dosage and see if I can get the same results with less medication.   I’d rather be on no medication, but it’s better than the pain I suppose.  

The Big Boy Tiny Girl Runner Update:  My son and daughter are doing a Mini Miler race with Uncle Jonathan and Margaret.   Today was the first training practice at an elementary school track.   My son insisted he was faster than Uncle Jonathan but that Uncle Jonathan had more endurance.   And my son was fast.  He had good form as he sprinted in front around the track.   But he didn’t have the endurance.   Or at least he doesn’t yet.   My daughter ran with Margaret holding her hand at a much slower pace.   They both had fun.   Until they got tired and then they insisted on going home.   We told them this was training and they were only half-way through the hour.   That met with some choice comments from them, but they stuck it out.    They both did well.

No comments:

Post a Comment