Wednesday, September 12, 2018

One Hundred Percent Awake

My son has said a few times recently, “I am one hundred percent awake.”   He’s been in the bed, full of energy, unable to go to sleep,   Tonight I told him he could bring his joke book into the basement and read while I wrote this blog post.  

As he was coming down the stairs, he told me he was going to find a good joke and I could put it in my blog.   I agreed that was a good idea.

Only now that I’m down here, I’m having a difficult time writing anything, due to the questions from my son.   He didn’t understand why a dog would be a bad dancer because it had two left feet, or why “hailing taxis” was a worse weather phenomenon than, “raining cats and dogs”.  

He’s a question machine, which is good because he’s interested and wants to learn, but it makes completing a sentence on the keyboard an exercise of refocusing more than once sometimes.

So tonight, for his update, he’s selected the content from his joke book…

The Big Boy Update:  When do truck drivers stop for a snack?    When they see a fork in the road.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter is out of school for the next two days due to impending Florence the hurricane.   Initially it looked like we’d be in very big trouble, but the storm has shifted, putting us in less potential peril than the predictions from three days ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment