Monday, September 10, 2018

All About Ice Cream

I’m letting my daughter write the blog post again tonight.   Her free writing in school sums up our family life far better than I could ever hope to capture it.

It’s clear my daughter is all about desserts, ice cream in particular.   Some explanation and words that are a bit tricky with her phonetic spelling:  I went to the grocery store yesterday and got some ice cream and other food the children were excited about.   Of the flavors, one had peanut butter cups in it, which I didn’t realize at the time, so my son won’t be eating any of that flavor.   I also got “cocydow” or cookie dough and ‘French dulet’ I think is ‘delight’ for the other flavor, which my son decided to mix together for his dessert.







The Big Boy Update:  My son got tired of tumbling so tonight he went to “Tricking” class instead.   He got home completely revitalized, wanting to show me what he’d learned (which I have to admit was impressive) and then he couldn’t settle down in bed he was so excited.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter has been working on a book at school during her time in the VI room recently.   Today she brought it home.   It was thick with “tactile” elements, illustrating the subject of the story.   I didn’t look to see what the book was about until bedtime, when she was planning on reading it.   Two pages in and I had to call my husband upstairs to hear the story.   It was titled, “Making Happy Pizza” and was the entire process (in significant detail) on how she and my husband make the pizza dough and then the pizzas, complete with toppings.   We were quite impressed with what she wrote and the tactile components she put on each page to illustrate the words in the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment