Saturday, September 30, 2017

Zip Line

We went to a zip line experience in the woods today for a birthday party.   I’m going to stop right here and say I was disappointed it wasn’t a birthday party for the adults, because even the children’s area was up in the trees and looked like fun to me.   I loved being in trees as a child, spending far too much time in them, just ask my mother and you’ll hear stories.

And there was indeed an area for the adults but it was a three-hour circuit and we were with the children who were doing a one hour event.    We had to have someone go with my daughter, mostly because she was under six-years-old, but secondly from our perspective because we didn’t know what she’d be able to see in the wooded area where everything was shades of wood and brown.

My husband went with her and initially she was hesitant due in part because she couldn’t see well and didn’t know where to place her feet.    But once she figured out what to do she had a good time.    The circuit had two halves with each half ending in a zip line ride to the ground.   When I asked her what she thought she said, “I was scared at first but now I like it”.   And there was no stopping her after that.  

My son didn’t need any help.   He got his harness on and then did something a little out of character for him, jumping up and down saying, “I’m over-excited!”

They both had fun.   I took some pictures.   Next time I’m getting up in the trees with them, dang it.

The Big Boy Update:  My son explained to me with much authority the other day, “bald means old and old means smart.”

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter was on the phone with her cousin, Coco.   I think Coco asked her what she was doing tomorrow.   My daughter told her, “I’m going to wake up super early.   Because my body wakes up when my eyes open.”

Longer:  Today my best friend and I were targeting twenty miles in preparation for the marathon we’re running locally on November 12th.  We had run sixteen last week and wanted to add a few more miles.   We ended up going over the twenty mile target and decided to round it up to twenty-one miles in the neighborhood before we got back to the house.   All the food I ate yesterday paid off.   It was a fairly easy run in comparison to last week’s less-calorie prepped run.

No comments:

Post a Comment