Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Resurfacing

It seems like my house has been in disarray for weeks now.   We’re redoing the mechanical room which necessitates everything to be elsewhere.   That means I’m walking around piles of things to get to my computer to write this and do other work.   There is a big dumping ground in the garage and I shudder to think of the state of the attic.  

But progress is being made.  Coats of cement paint are on the walls and two coats of cement paint are on the floor.   The floor is what’s causing all the “stuff dispersal” because we can’t shove things left and right and have the whole floor painted and left to dry for days.

The dehumidifier has been running a lot in the room to remove moisture and we’re waiting for the second coat of paint to be completely dry before adding a top hard coat of epoxy that will make dropping hammers and other things on the floor nothing to worry about.   Since the back half of the room will be a workshop for my husband, a resilient floor is what we need—which means I have to manage with this mess for at least another week.

Sometimes progress is messy.  

The Big Boy Tiny Girl Treasure Burying Adventure:  Shortly before dinner my children ran in to find me and asked if they could have shovels.   Why, I asked?  They said they were going to bury a treasure.   Their friend said she had shovels at her house and before I could say another word they ran off.    They weren’t back until well after dinner.   They said I couldn’t tell anyone about the treasure, well, except dad.    What was in it?  That was a secret (I had seen the box and knew the types of things in the little box Mimi and Gramps had given them at Christmas though and wasn’t worried.)  Then while dinner was being eaten they told me they could show me where the treasure was, and seemed quite excited to share in the secret location.    Their plan is to dig it up soon, although I’m not sure how soon soon will be.    When we looked out the window into the bushes my son pointed to he explained, “it’s under the mulch.   You can see where it is because there’s a big pile of mulch.”

No comments:

Post a Comment