Sunday, September 3, 2017

Day Trip

Uncle Bob and Uncle Brian are visiting this weekend.   Today we took a day trip to visit my in-laws who live about an hour and fifteen minutes away.   I slept late, not realizing we had an eight o’clock departure until my husband woke me, saying he wanted to let me sleep if I could.   (How sweet.)

We arrived around ten o’clock and went for a boat ride through lunch time.   Swimming happened off the side of the boat with diving from the stern and swimming directly under and through the boat, something that’s interesting and eerie if you’ve never swam between the pontoons on a pontoon boat. 

After the boat ride I fell asleep.  I guess I was tired.  My children had fun all day playing with Nana, Papa, Uncle Bob and Uncle Brian.   When we got home tonight around bedtime they still weren’t tired and tried to wedge in as much time as they could with their uncles before they depart in the early morning tomorrow. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son lay down across me on the couch this afternoon.   He was very still for a minute and then said, “I don’t hear you digesting enough.”

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter loves to play the card game War.   She can deal out the cards and play the game, knowing which cards win in any given hand.   She even came up with her own version of War with all the cards for each player face up.   In this version, strategy and planning is important.   She can see enough to count the shapes on each card and can tell what some cards are.   But when she has seventeen cards face up she’s mostly relying on memory and us telling her what cards we have.   Her memory is very good and she understands the strategy of holding back on an ace or taking a five with her six instead of her queen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment