Friday, May 20, 2016

Triathlon Travels

We’re departing shortly to drive to Pinehurst, NC, where my in-laws live.   There is a triathlon there tomorrow that features the water portion of the race on the lake where they live.    They’ll be out on the lake tomorrow in their boat waving the swimmers along as we do a three-legged out, over, back in  swim around part of the lake.

After 1500 meters swimming, we’ll depart on our bikes for a fifty kilometer ride around the town.   I haven’t looked at the course much (I rarely do) because there are always plenty of people in front of me which makes following easy.

We return to the marina area of the lake at the end of the bike ride, change shoes into running shoes and do a ten kilometer run.   We’re suppose to do all this in four hours or less.  I’ve mentioned before that I’m a completer, not a racer.   I’m going to need the entire four hours, especially with the prediction of rain most of the morning.

My mother-in-law is preparing a pasta meal for us upon our arrival.    I’m looking forward to doing the race with my best friend’s husband whom my son calls “G Money” even though his name is Matt.

The Big Boy Update:  In the car yesterday morning my son said, “I want to learn how to surf on a surfboard.   And then I want to learn to rid on a skate board.  And then I want to ride on dad’s motorcycle…I’m going to be in a triathlon.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter had a packed schedule for a four-year-old yesterday.   She had a full day of school including a visit from Raffaella, her Vision Impairment teacher.   She went from school immediately to the science museum and had an Orientation and Mobility lesson with Jane.   She and dad came home, she ate pizza quickly and then her music therapist arrived for a late evening lesson we had to squeeze in before Chelsea went on her honeymoon for two weeks.    She was tired, but she made it through the whole day and still didn’t want to go to bed at bed time—imagine that.

No comments:

Post a Comment