Friday, May 6, 2016

Breakfast For Dinner

My husband and I thought it would be fun to have breakfast for dinner with the children one night as something they’d never done.  Weekday mornings are time-constrained and we don’t have a sit-down meal as a family but instead have the children sit at the counter to eat their meals.   Weekend mornings we commonly let everyone get up and get their own breakfast with help from us where needed.    We sometimes have family breakfast, but it’s not often.  

Today was a teacher workday so last night was the start of our weekend and looked like a good day with my husband’s work schedule for our breakfast for dinner evening.   Each child had their own after school activity but we told them what we were planning for the evening.   They were excited about pancakes, bacon and scrambled eggs for dinner.

My husband made the meal with help from both children.   We ate everything he’d prepared and would have all gone for more pancakes if there were any more available.   My son told Uncle Jonathan today that he had two breakfasts yesterday, one in the morning and one at night.   I think we’re going to have to do breakfast for dinner again sometime soon.

The Big Boy Tiny Girl Uncle Jonathan Update:  We haven’t had as much opportunity to see Uncle Jonathan as we used to when he lived closer so we all were excited to have him over for dinner tonight.  He talked with my son about Power Rangers and my daughter couldn’t get enough of him lifting her up and over his head.   As we sat down to dinner my son said, “It’s good to have dinner with Jon because he’s my first best friend.”  Not to be outdone, my daughter said, “he’s my best friend that picks me up in the air.”

No comments:

Post a Comment