Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Too Much Chinese Food

We haven’t gotten the hang of how much Chinese food to order yet for the four of us.   This sounds simple, and I agree, it should be but it seems as though we keep reducing or order to smaller and smaller amounts and we still have far too much left over.

Two “meals” that come with white rice and a soup was too much.   We dropped down to one meal and one “combination” that included in a single container a smaller portion of the main item, a side of rice, one egg roll and a small soup.   This too, proved to leave us with more than one additional meal of leftovers.

Next we’re planning on ordering one single “combination” meal (designed for one person) and add in an additional small soup and see if that’s the right amount of food for our family of four.  

We’ve gotten to the point our order is small enough it doesn’t qualify for delivery, which is fine as the restaurant is quite close.   I’d rather get the right amount than look at those red Chinese food containers in the refrigerator three days later and wonder why we ordered so much.

The Big Boy Update:  This morning shortly after I got up my son looked quizzically at me and said, “mom, who do you have more cuts all over your face?”   Cuts?   I was confused.   I asked him to show me where and then looked in the mirror.   I said, “oh, those are wrinkles from where the pillow pressed into my face while I was asleep.”

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter, overhearing the above conversation jumped in and said, “you can also get wrinkles from the bath tub too.”

No comments:

Post a Comment