Sunday, May 8, 2016

HMD

This has absolutely nothing to do with Mother’s Day but I thought about it this morning seeing as it was Mother’s Day.   During the construction of our home we prepared and listed our existing home.  The day we listed it on the marked our real estate agent brought over a lock box to put on the front door to hold a key for house showings.  

She told us there was a three-letter combination for the lock box and if we ever needed to get into it the code was ‘HMD'.   She said she liked to come up with a way to remember the codes for her lock boxes and this particular was “Happy Mother’s Day”.

That was six years ago.   I’m not sure we ever needed to get to the key, but for some reason I think of our agent and her HMD mnemonic every year about this time.

As for Mother’s Day today, we had a sitter so my husband and I could go out to lunch.   Then my best friend and I ran ten miles and were crushed by the early May heat.  After that I went to a girls dinner with some fellow moms.  

Thanks to my husband who did most of the work with the children while I did my Mother’s Day things.  Oh, and thanks to my children who had a busy day playing with their friends outside most of the day.

The Big Boy Update:   My son came to find me this morning and told me they had found a dead bug. I said sometimes bugs get inside and eventually die.    About five minutes later my son and daughter came back, looking very pleased with themselves.   They had gotten a ziplock bag, collected the “bug” and brought it to show me.    Folks, this was no “bug”, it was a very large bumblebee, replete with a very large stinger.   I told them about the stinger and said I was glad they had been careful, also did either of them want to take it to school to show their friends tomorrow?

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Tonight my daughter was in the kitchen, looking towards the television in the living room.   When asked if she could see it she said she could, only we had to curb our excitement because a few minutes later she said, “I think I need to get my chair” and then proceeded to pull the stool a few feet away from the television.  It’s just so hard to tell what’s going on with her vision sometimes.

Fitness Update:  I ran ten miles today and felt drained (literally) because I was sweating profusely from the heat.  I drank a lot of water and ate a large dinner to make up for the burned calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment