Tuesday, December 22, 2015

When Small Girls Say Cute Things

This is an extra post today about some of the things my daughter’s said over the past few weeks that I haven’t had a chance to down yet because I’ve been focused on the situation in her eyes.

Cool Shoes
Uncle Jonathan likes to do special things for the children from time to time.   He took my son to see a movie this past weekend and before that, he took my daughter shopping.  She came home with new sneakers.   They are bright pink and purple and she loves them.   She’s decided to call them her, “cool shoes” and she wears them all the time.

You’re Poop
Going to school one morning last week my son was having a very hard time.   There was wailing and complaining and his window got rolled down with cold wind blowing in his face because he was so loud he needed to yell outside, I told him.    He finally settled down at which point his sister said something that must have involved the word ‘poop’.   My son immediately said in a loud voice, “mom, Reese said poop!  Reese, you’re in trouble now!”   My daughter very quietly and calmly said, “Greyson, you’re poop.”   My son got angrier and she said again, “you’re poop” in the most calm voice that did nothing but enrage him.   He tattled on her some more and she responded with the matter-of-fact declaration, “you’re poop, you’re poop, you’re poop.”    I couldn’t help it, I sniggered in the front seat.   My son yelled at me saying, “mom, it’s not funny!”   I told him I had had a tickle in my nose.

Come On Car…
We were in Detroit yesterday morning heading to the hospital for my daughter’s eye surgery.   We had just gotten in and we were all cold.    My husband said, “come on car, get warmer” to which my daughter said, “dad, remember this car doesn’t talk.”   She was right, it didn’t.

Unexpected Salad Intrusion
Last night I went to get a sandwich from the cafe at our hotel.   I came back and my daughter wanted some of it.   I handed her a quarter piece and as she brought it to her mouth she complained, “hey, is there salad in here?”   She loves salad and requests it frequently, but apparently lettuce and tomato in a sandwich are unwelcome.

I didn’t Tell Them
This one is the only sad one I’m putting in, mostly because I don’t have sad things to write about that my daughter says.   I’ve had this comment in my list for probably over two months now and I’ve been avoiding putting it in because it shows my daughter is aware of what’s going on, possibly painfully aware.    We were talking about who she played with at school.   She said in a quiet voice, “I didn’t want to tell the friends at school.”   I asked her what she didn’t want to tell them and she said, “that I can’t see.”

What Island?
As I write this, we’re driving through West Virginia on the way home from Detroit.   My daughter had been sleeping for some time and when she woke up she said to dad, “what Island are we on now?”

No comments:

Post a Comment