Wednesday, July 15, 2015

The Roll Realization

My husband and I saw this documentary on Costco some time back.   One of the segments was about the toilet paper Costco sold and the amount of research that went into their anchor product.    We were intrigued, so we bought some.     We liked it, so we kept buying it.

Recently, we got a membership to BJ’s and decided to try out their toilet tissue.   It looked nice underneath the plastic, but it would take some at-home research to make a determination on the winner.

My husband unpacked the rolls and said, “these are smaller.”   Well, smaller happens, and at the time I didn’t think much about it.   And then I realized I was changing the roll a lot more often.  

You wouldn’t think the frequency of toilet tissue roll changing would make a difference, but it seems like we’re almost out all the time now, instead of having days of tissue left before we have to worry about looking for a new roll.  

It’s enough difference to matter where I’m going to buy my next tissue paper from though.

The Big Boy Update:  My son asked me, “what do boys need lips for?”

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  I have finally found a way to do my daughter’s hair so it doesn’t look a complete mess.   I pull it up in a pony tail very high on her head.   It pulls back the “bangs” that are really just broken strands of hair.   It looks cute from the sides and back and she doesn’t seem to mind me putting it up that way either, which is always a bonus from a wiggle-perspective.

Fitness Update:  Slow day in that I only had time to run a mile before I had to literally run back to school and get on a conference call.  I think I’m going to run in the morning tomorrow to try and make up for the overindulgent dessert I had tonight (that was so worth it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment