Friday, July 10, 2015

Highs and Lows

I had a low weight today.  I had been out in ninety-degree plus weather and it was all kinds of humid. When I got back, I knew I would have a low weight from the weight loss.   I also knew the weight would be low because it was already fairly low before we started out.  

This means something would normally be seen as a good thing:  I need to eat a lot.   The reason it can have mixed feelings is because for many weeks prior, I had worked hard to not eat big meals, to carefully watch my intake of calories and understand I had to go without food items I might want to have.

Now, today, this week, at this point and weight, I’m suppose to throw all that mental conditioning away and be ready to go eat a full, large, calorie-laden meal and NOT feel guilty about it afterwards.   Not feel as though I’d failed myself on my diet for the day.  

It is hard to change that frame of mind quickly.   It’s also hard to eat a big meal and not feel terribly over-full after several months of eating small meals too.    But I did it, because after having three full plates of food at lunch today I unexpectedly fell asleep in the car on the way home I was so full and lethargic.

The Big Boy Update:  My son is upstairs doing imaginary play with something he keeps referring to as, “the kung poos”   He just watched Kung Fu Panda 2 and is acting out bits of the story.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter has high skills at falling asleep in a position that looks like she’s awake.   Tonight we were singing the, “happy new job cookie” song and didn’t know why she wasn’t in the kitchen, eagerly waiting to have a piece of the big cookie we got to celebrate our friend getting a new job.  (Hence the happy new job cookie song.)   It wasn’t until we were eating the cookie that we realized she was asleep on the ottoman, looking like she was watching the television.

Fitness Update:  Five walking miles and five running miles with my neighbor today, who was recovering from a multi-day migraine.

No comments:

Post a Comment