Wednesday, May 29, 2019

The Longest Song

While I was at a board meeting last night my daughter was writing a song.   Or rather modifying an existing song.  I knew that tune when I read the title, “The Twelve Good Puppy Days of Christmas”.  She didn’t shortcut the song, like I’m going to do in this blog post, she wrote out every single word of the song, repeating each day again as she counted down in each verse.   The song totaled seven pages, all fully brailled.

The twelve days were:
 - Twelve puppy beds
 - Eleven puppy sticks
 - Ten new toys
 - Nine bowls of water
 - Eight puppy kisses
 - Seven puppy cages
 - Six cool vents
 - Five golden collars
 - Four tug toys
 - Three bowls of food
 - Two puppy treats
 - And a bone in a puppy dog tree

She wanted to take the song to school to show her VI teacher.   When she came home after school she told us Ms. Sample liked the song so much she wanted to keep it.   Which was fine with my daughter, she just started typing the song all over again so she would have a copy here.

When I checked my daughter’s backpack tonight for work and to refill her snack container I looked in the VI communication book Ms. Sample and I use to message us back and forth (old school style via handwriting on paper instead of email).   Ms. Sample told me my daughter had sung the entire song in the VI room today and had received a round of applause and cheers from the teachers and other students in the room when she was done.

The Big Boy Update:  We went to a party this evening for a family who is moving away.   My son jumped right in, playing with the other children even though he didn’t know them.   A while later the boys had left, leaving only some girls, who were playing with dolls on a table in the back.   My son had no problem with this either, but I could tell he’d put his own spin on it when I heard one of the girls talking about where they should put the Infinity Stone.  My son can work Avengers into just about anything.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter asked me, “when I talk to Alexa, does someone have to be there, on the internet?”  I think she was envisioning someone listening in to our questions and sending answers back.   I told her no, it was handled automatically.  Then she said, " oh, so that’s why I can talk to Alexa at night."

No comments:

Post a Comment